livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] lamb's quarters question

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Mike or Cheryl Modjeski" <paperrain@semo.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] lamb's quarters question
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:22:50 -0500

Hi Morgan,
I have not used lambs quarter for grain yet myself, but I am sure it is an
excellent source of food. I know the seeds are very small and that they
shatter and fall before I ever get to them. I do eat the greens like
spinach and I have even canned them. They are far better than most spinach
in my opinion. They are also excellent feed for fowl and several other farm
produce animals.

Cheryl
paperrain@semo.net
Checked by AVG.