livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Broccoli may undo diabetes damage

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Broccoli may undo diabetes damage
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 11:00:35 -0600

Lucille, diabetes is one of those chronic conditions we didn't see much a
hundred years ago. And as you know it comes with several other complications
like in a cluster. How much those fresh, whole foods prevent or lessen those
conditions we may never know, considering who pays for the mainstream
research studies.

BTW we're growing a bed of sunchokes this year, otherwise known as Jerusalem
artichokes. Their starch is in the form of inulin, better tolerated by
diabetics than other starchy foods. A hardy perennial.

paul, tradingpost@lobo.net

"The ignorance of mainstream America only makes it easier for the well
informed to rise above the masses and make some serious changes for the
better. "
-- Mike Adams