livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food is Gold

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dan Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food is Gold
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 13:20:48 -0500

Sounds more like Fool's Gold.
These big investments are based upon the centralization of the system. Investing in corn and fertilizer-based infrastructure as it crumbles in order to glean the profits that are available on the downside. (Buy ethanol plants for pennies on the dollars invested by government/farmers, buy farmland and resell it for a profit on the fear factor of food supplies.) The government will probably be buying all that stuff back with more Monopoly money from Bernanke.

These guys may even make some money in the short term or reselling to the bigger fish. I wouldn't follow them, though. Money doesn't grow corn, it grows greed.

Dan C.
Message: 4