livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Harvey's article on rising feed costs

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <boxwood@nelsoncable.com>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Harvey's article on rising feed costs
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:51:56 -0400

Hi All,

I requested input from participants on this list about what they are doing to meet the challenge of rapidly rising poultry feed costs. A number of you did indeed send me good ideas, for which I am grateful. The article has just been published in the current issue of Backyard Poultry. I am pleased with it, though suspect that many of the ideas will be of more use to the backyard "flockster" than to those producing for markets. Hope you get a chance to check it out.

Unfortunately, in a recent transition on my computer I seem to have lost contact info for many of those who helped out. I'd like very much to say "Thank you" to them by having my editor at BYP send complimentary copies of the issue. So, if you are one of the following, and you'd like to receive a copy, please write to me at
boxwood@nelsoncable.com
and give me your snailmail address.

Allan Balliet
Julia Cronin [Julia, I have your mailing address from before.]
Robert Plamondon
Dean Shuck
Wylie Harris
Larisa Sparrowhawk
Carrie Shepard
Renate of West Chester PA
Elizabeth Tritt
And whoever put me in touch with Mary Hartnett, please ask her to be in touch if she'd like a copy.

Apologies for the clumsiness of this attempt to get in touch. Thanks again.

~Harvey Ussery
www.themodernhomestead.us

  • [Livingontheland] Harvey's article on rising feed costs, Harvey Ussery, 08/01/2008