livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] salmonella scare damages

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dan Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] salmonella scare damages
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:11:47 -0500

Message: 3
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:02:51 -0400
From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>

And if foods came from a smaller regional area, there would be a much
smaller pool of potential suspects when tracking down a problem,
making it easier to find to begin with.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com

Perhaps, with smaller regional distributions, we could stop thinking of each other as "suspects".
I know I sure am tired of feeling like one.
:-(

Once you know who your neighbors are, you know whose probably got safe food.
We don't need a system. We need each other.
here's a good reminder that I think we should all read once a year:
http://www.dissidentvoice.org/Nov05/Carpenter1102.htm

Dan