livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The Three Sisters

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Dean" <andeanfx@midrivers.com>
  • To: <diebrand@yahoo.com>, "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The Three Sisters
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:51:14 -0600

When I was a kid, way back when.....  Actually, our neighbor who had a large family planted beans and corn together and the beans climbed the corn.  I would think they would climb into the sunlight above the pumpkin.  I too have wondered about the planting schedule.  Just watching ours it seems the beans would outgrow the corn so need to be planted later and use pole or climbers rather than bush.  Not sure about the pumpkin timing (or any of it for that matter but it is interesting).  Dean

Keeping Your Memories Alive while
Creating Family Keepsakes
www.scrapbooksupplydepot.com