livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Local Farmer's Market

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TamesonOB" <tamesonob@metrocast.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Local Farmer's Market
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 16:48:08 -0400

You don't see crowds of people there because it's almost exactly at 3:00 that he took those pictures (I know this because I was the Mom with the baby in the sling at the Karakoudis stand - he's dishing out lettuce for me, and last year I was waitressing and had to leave for work by 3:30) Plus our town isn't very big - this is pretty much the landscape - I don't even have to wait in line to vote, nor do I have to give the attendant my name because they already know it and what house I live in and what grade my kids are in school (can't get away with anything here I tell you!). The only time we see any crowds is fair weekend.

I wasn't able to participate as a vendor this year due to the miss two days rule. I got a late start due to winter taking absolutely forever (and not deciding to do this at all until the dead of winter so no fall prep either). Next year I'll be more prepared. I'm currently setting up beds and dying roving to sell next year (I plan on selling my roving through ETSY as well though and that is a year 'round thing). I'm actually kind of relieved at not participating this year so I can devote more time to getting things good and ready and done right rather than haphazard hurry up. I'd rather do it the way I want it to be done and relax about it. I took a summer school bus route this year instead and I'll probably get more money than if I had sold at FM.

Tameson in NH