livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Local Farmer's Market

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Local Farmer's Market
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 12:58:08 -0600

Realistically, most vendors can't always count on having enough produce every
week to be there from start to finish, so that sounds unreasonable. Some
crops don't come in till late in the summer or fall; some harvest early and
stop. That policy would keep some growers from even attempting that market.
Even with a greenhouse and growing my own starts for transplant, I can't hit
the start of our local markets. I'd have to grow greens and such and be there
for June just to be allowed to sell the rest of the summer. Ridiculous.

I like the draft horses and spinning demonstration on that website, but funny
I don't see any crowds of people. Wonder why.