livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Carrots to the core

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk@allspecies.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Carrots to the core
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 09:54:23 -0500

I used an earthway seeder doing 8-9 rows on a 30X4 foot bed. Thinning was needed but didn't get to like I should have. Some spots got no seed. It was worth trying again. The seeds are so small that it's hard to tell when the seeder is dropping seed and when it isn't. My body wants to use the seder again so it doesn't have to feel the pain of bending over to get seeds properly sown.

Marty