livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Ten Acres Enough

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: uriel@nasalam.org
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Ten Acres Enough
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 13:19:01 -0700

My tribal elders have told me of using nests from wasp and hornets to make soup in times when people are starving.

Uriel

Wayne wrote:
Actually, pigeon isn't all that bad.
Kinda like a slightly tough small chicken, all dark meat.
But then, I'm not that keen on boiled chicken, other than chicken soup.
Quail and Grouse are probably similar.
If you get hungry enough, even things that normally taste Blahhh can taste okay.
the chickens tell me that Wasp Grubs taste great too...

Wayne WA2YNE