livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Dirt problem overlooked in global food crisis

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: pete <pete.rout@virgin.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Dirt problem overlooked in global food crisis
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 19:31:54 +0100

I wish they would stop calling soil, dirt.

Pete

Even the blind could see the soil problem but they're still stuck in the same rut that made the problem. We've been talking about rebuilding healthy soil since Day One on this list. Market growers and small farms everywhere can make the most contribution to soil building and water conservation, but MSNBC doesn't have a clue ...

Dirt problem overlooked in global food crisis
As seeds get better, much of the world's soil gets worse
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24524912/
By Seth Borenstein
updated 1:04 p.m. MT, Thurs., May. 8, 2008

WASHINGTON - Science has provided the souped-up seeds to feed the world, through biotechnology and old-fashioned crossbreeding. Now the problem is the dirt they're planted in.

100's of DVD' and CD's on many topics. Sport, leisure, hobbies and many others. Horror, children and family films.
computer games and software, lingerie, beauty products.
www.yourhomeentertainment.co.uk