livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Container Gardening 101 - Carrots

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: drwillhite@earthlink.net, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Container Gardening 101 - Carrots
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:01:53 -0600

We're on the same page. I'm looking at it as more of a volume production
for market. A few containers on a balcony is much easier to plant and tend.
What I needed to stress is containers aren't going to save on groceries,
with the cost of purchased potting soil, amendments, and containers etc.
Being on fixed income myself I think costs. But it will get you some fresh,
healthy veggies. And everybody's got to start somewhere and any growing is
encouraged.