livingontheland - [Livingontheland] vermicomposting in place

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Dean" <andeanfx@midrivers.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] vermicomposting in place
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:43:16 -0700

Right now we are vermic0mposting (just got started) to build up compost over the winter. I would like to eventually move all the worms into the garden and let them aerate as they fertilize. I would think, being the intelligent critters they are, they would stay where it is the most comfortable for them, i.e. not crawl out of the garden area. My biggest concern would be with them goiing or needing to go so deep in the winter to aviod the cold that they surface in places other than the garden. Any ideas on this or other things i am not thinking of would be appreciated. Dean