livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Diversifying the woodlot (was Re: Group Encourages Relocalization. . .)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Diversifying the woodlot (was Re: Group Encourages Relocalization. . .)
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:47:34 -0500

At 04:56 PM 2/11/2008, you wrote:
I Just purchased my lower canopy plants..

4 beach plums
and a couple of higher canopy plants..
American persimmons and pawpaws

I'm surprised to see pawpaws referred to as higher canopy plants. I had understood that they did well planted under higher trees. That's where mine are planted, anyway. Haven't been in the ground long enough to bear yet, maybe this year.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com