livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] breaking news

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Tony Marzolino <tmarzolino@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] breaking news
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 08:37:20 -0800 (PST)

Paul - Good article, but a little premature as the market is about even now.  However, no matter how the market ends up today, your over all points are valid ."going local and organic"

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=%5EDJI

Thanks,
Tony Marzolino
Berkshire, NY

TradingPostPaul <tradingpost@riseup.net> wrote:

Off topic but I felt we had to pass on this breaking news. Or is it? Isn't
the point of going local and organic to cut our vulnerability to outside
shocks and ripoffs?

Wall St. plunges despite rate cuts
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/BUSINESS/01/22/world.markets/index.html

Global shares meltdown deepens as FTSE crashes a further 192.7 points
Last updated at 09:37am on 22.01.08
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23433407-details/Miserable+Monday
%3A+Biggest+FTSE+crash+since+911+wipes+off+more+than+%A375bn+in+shares/artic
le.do

Federal Reserve makes emergency rate cut
Three-quarters of a percentage point cut biggest in recent memory
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22780489/
updated 59 minutes ago

January 22 2008: 7:07 AM EST
A recession of global dimensions?