livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Nonsense

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>, Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Nonsense
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:04:50 -0800 (PST)

hey, hey, hey, Mitch!   You can't lump chocolate in that list of junk sugars, LOL!!

and if one quits sugars, then actually the craving for all the rest of those does go away.  I was a sugar addict and suffered from systemic yeast.  Getting off of sugar was like coming off drugs, I couldn't get off the couch for a week, and had serious withdrawals, dizziness, hot flashes, shivers, nausea, etc., but after a month of no sugar and eating mainly meat, veggies and a little fruit I was almost a different person.

Now I eat mostly raw dairy, healthy meats, and veggies.  I've found that I can eat only a little fruit now and then such as in a kefir smoothie, but never without having protein first.  The occasional cup ful of icecream is sometimes ok, but I never crave it.  Chocolate is another thing, good dark semi-sweet now and then I do crave and relish when the craving hits, but I don't normally think about it, just about once a month <G>!

I DO crave raw goat milk kefir and raw egg and kimchi now if I haven't had any in a few days.  I really struggled initially also with the idea of eating raw egg and fermented milk, but the desire and faith that the Lord provided food in these things helped me overcome the propaganda that ruled my food choices before.

Carrie
just got another book about solar greenhouses and the homestead log book to work on our food production plans for the year.  Hoping to increase the amount of local food in my neck of the woods!