livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Gardens that Last for Years - Raised Bed Gardens, a Technique that Works

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Norma Sutton" <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Gardens that Last for Years - Raised Bed Gardens, a Technique that Works
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 14:47:37 -0500

Ken I did that until the property owner above me clear cut his land.  Now when it rains I have a small river running across my property.  The best way I have found to prevent my gardens from washing away is to use raised beds deeply staked to the ground and that doesn't always work.  I'm at the foot of a mountain and we get more rain then the surrounding area even when there is little rainfall.  I'm hoping in a few more years the overgrown on that part of them mountain will be big enough to prevent my flooding problem.
Norma