livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Autistic Kids and Goats

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Zachary Domikez <zdomike@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Autistic Kids and Goats
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:47:26 -0800 (PST)

As far as Living-on-the Land, there are very few
animals making news in this group. I would try an
autistic kid with a domestic animal.

Last week there was a smidgen of interest in Goats for
Carts. Coincidentally, I read that carts were
commonly towed by dogs, until made illegal in England
in 1885. If you do NOT live in lands controlled by
the Queen, you might try using a dog cart.

Dogsleds are an apt example, as are folks that strap
their leashed dogs to their waists to help
cross-country skiing. Dogs are much easier to train
than goats, and allowed in suburban zonings that
prohibit 'farm' animals like goats, chickens and such.

Best Regards,
Zack
ps - Rabbits might be a good silent option, and
produce the best guano fertilizer bar none. Keep away
the dog.