livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "Healthy soil and sustainable growing"

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "Healthy soil and sustainable growing"
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:15:26 -0800 (PST)

Dianne,

One thing in your email surprised me:  no legume hay.  I hope you do not mean no legumes. That is the proteins.  Try to use grazing,rotational, [or cut and carry] as much as possible [weather] and then hay.  You can grow all the feed they need. Buy nothng.

Go online to extension service.  ATTRA.

Ken