livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Cardboard

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: "McBride & Putnam" <dragonhill2@netzero.net>, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Cardboard
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:27:17 -0700

Then here's a question: which crops do well either way? What can you do to
cope with those extremes? Few climates are always perfect and predictable,
tho yours sounds pretty wild.

My concern now is the ground may stay frozen too long in the spring and
delay early snow peas, onions, etc. and not get a jump on the market. I got
plastic cover over several beds but not before snow and a very hard freeze.