livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Ethanol from Coffee

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Ethanol from Coffee
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 18:17:39 -0700

Well, I like mules. Unfortunately ethanol from coffee waste can't even make
enough fuel to get the coffee to market. And humans need food more than
coffee, and the world is short of affordable, local food right now. Those
coffee growers need more local food right now instead of high priced
imports. Check out the economic plight of the coffee growers. Too many
trapped in the global market.

Let's don't give up the possible just because the ideal of recycling all
organic waste is not about to happen. And by the way - you don't need so
much internal combustion if you use organic waste where it's generated.
People will do what they need to when they find they have to. I drive 30
miles to get loads of manure, but that uses a lot less energy than if I
bought commercial fertilizer made from natural gas. When I have chickens
even that will stop.