livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Ethanol from Coffee

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Phil Bunch" <pbunch@cox.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Ethanol from Coffee
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 16:30:20 -0800

So the crops should be transported on mule back? The main reason cocaine is
a crop of choice in Colombia is because farmers need a crop they can
transport to market efficiently. Mules are great for high value products but
for tomatoes and potatoes they are less desirable.

Perhaps in an ideal world all crop residue would be returned directly to the
soil and people would start doing this tomorrow. That is unlikely to cut the
mustard in the short to mid-term. If the world is going to make the required
transitions it is going to do so with the help of the internal combustion
engine.

Something about the baby with the bath water?