livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Mitigating Climate Change through Organic Agriculture

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Mitigating Climate Change through Organic Agriculture
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 20:08:55 -0700

In his book, Peak Everything, it seems Heinberg does miss a few things,
like topsoil loss, running at about 50% of average historical depth in the
U.S. And the arable farmland left is mostly degraded to some extent by
industrial farming. Of course we can change that - at least a few of us
where we live.

--Henry David Thoreau