livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] U.S. food banks, in a squeeze, tighten belts

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "BirdWalk" <birdwalk@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] U.S. food banks, in a squeeze, tighten belts
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:11:50 -0600

Point one, at whose risk are you purchasing United state dept. of
agribusiness inspected meats?

Point two, ASK the manager, maybe he knows and will give you an honest
answer, then look at the goods and see if the visible condition matches what
you are told. Also look at refund policy; less hassle to this means they
think more of their goods. Much of the 'policies' are meant to be
impediments to redress.

Short comments about one case in particular. Local walton's chink mart
wants you to go to service desk and stand in line to get refund if they
overprice at register. I have decided I will not be told how to fix someone
else's mistake. [don't care about mistake that much, if you don't goof once
in awhile you ain't doing anything] Manager will come to lane and nothing
else happens till problem is fixed to my satisfaction. Amazingly enough, we
have far fewer misrings anymore.