livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The Skeptical Environmentalist

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The Skeptical Environmentalist
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:11:00 -0800 (PST)

About five years ago a man working in agriculture said to me "I will be glad when gas is $5 per gallon".  I said "Are you crazy?".  He said with gas at that price, all importing of food and transporting of food will stop.  Local farmers will have a market.  Maybe we would even have a banana plantation again in southern California.  I got to have my organic banana every day.

Ken Hargesheimer