livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] milk was Re: e-coli and starlings

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dan Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] milk was Re: e-coli and starlings
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 11:50:23 -0500

What specifically does animal fat have to do with brain development of an infant? Thanks,

Gwen
Two things I can think of to start with: the B vitamins are stored in fatty tissues in animals, and are critical to nerve development, and children need an enormous amount of energy to grow, which is hard for them to get from vegetables if they don't have any teeth yet.

In addition, the symbiotic factors of feeding the gut bacteria the proper diet also come into play. A variety of foods, including dirty ones and animal ones, help establish the biota in our digestive tract. Think of a human as having two skins: one on the outside, and one that lines a long chamber inside of us. Inside that chamber is a compost pile. We absorb nutrients based upon how varied that compost pile is, and our immune system develops based upon its interaction with that compost pile inside of us.

Antibacterial soaps, clean environments, limited diets are all like trying to heat up a compost pile by only putting dried grass on it. Eventually, it gets wet and moldy, or the worms move in, but it isn't the dynamic, living entity that it could be.

Two references here: "The Second Brain" by Michael Gershon, and the oft-mentioned "The Lost Language of Plants" by Stephen Harrod Buhner "http://www.amazon.com/Second-Brain-Groundbreaking-Understanding-Disorders/dp/0060930721/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-6589525-5121703?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1191170653&sr=8-1

Dan
Belgium,WI