livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] milk was Re: e-coli and starlings

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] milk was Re: e-coli and starlings
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 06:47:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Gwen,

My thyroid was also very low and a naturepath recommended I use a Nature's Sunshine raw glandular supplement which contained desicated glands from grass-fed new zealand beef.  I had to take those supplements for about 4 months, and anytime I didn't the low thyroid symptoms of extreme fatigue and being cold at night returned.   That was right before learning about kefir and during my major diet changes to include lacto-fermented foods, occasional raw meat, raw goat milk, raw cream, kefir, less fruit, more vegetables, and healthy meats.   I still can't tolerate grains more than maybe 5% of my diet.

Asking for scientific studies is one of those things that really doesn't prove anything, though we've all been taught to respect them.   Unfortunately there is too much manipulation with these sorts of studies and just looking around at how enslaved women are today to the pediatricians, WIC offices, hospital interventions ought to give those with eyes to see the thought "hmmm,   which path steals my time and money? or do I want to live a slave to the medical establishment/pharmacies?"    If those women went to some weston price foundation meetings they'd run into the ex-vegans who can tell them their personal health-crash stories.

My own, though I was not vegan, but tried to follow the protein-complementary mostly vegetarian is one of hypoglycemia, candida, and mold, low thyroid, depression.  My diet preferences now are for mostly vegetables, cheese, raw dairy products, olive oil, eggs, coconut oil, and I enjoy a clear peaceful head and energy on those foods.

http://www.greenpasture.org/    these folks may have more info on how the animal fats are needed for the brain development.    You might also look for a book called The Crazy Makers that might support your theory about the pesticides in dairy connected to not just cancer but other health problems.

In our community we just had a 21 yr old commit suicide, a one month old baby of a teenage mother die supposedly from sids (totally formula fed, epidural and bad labor), and a yr ago a 16 yr old committed suicide.  There's an 18 yr old just diagnosed with chronic fatigue, a 16 yr old with chrones, rampant teen depression and adults with IBS, heart problems, kidney stones, and depression and I could go on.   The facts as I see them are that nutritional degeneration  is taking a huge toll on our youth and a number of the kids have the idea of veganism, but eat crap, loads of sugar and more fruit than vegetables, their parents don't cook, so they eat what they think is right from packages.

OK,  I may have bored people, but I've just reminded myself why I work so hard at growing more of our own food, LOL.   I put 5 broilers in the freezer last night, 20 to go, but 5 at a time is what I can do before my knife is dull again. A new knife is on my shopping list, I just can't make up my mind what I want yet.

Carrie
ps.  I cut up one of the cinderella pumpkins and cooked it lightly in a bit of water, then froze it in approx. 2 cup amounts since the rooster found it on the porch and pecked the top.  I'm amazed at how much flesh there is in those.  In the past most the pumpkins I've grown or seen had a larger hollow cavity and only about an inch or inch and a half of flesh.