livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The Post-Petroleum Survival Guide and Cookbook

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The Post-Petroleum Survival Guide and Cookbook
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:45:34 -0400

At 06:53 AM 9/12/2007, you wrote:
I was disappointed in this book.  Although the author certainly knows his subject, Lester Brown does a better job with the "Big Picture", and other authors cover the details of various activities better.  Since I've read over 70 books on the general subject matter in the last year+, I'd be happy to give recommendations to anyone interested.

I haven't seen the book yet, but anything that comes out of The Farm, and which is intended for the general public, is likely to have a tone that serious researchers and knowledgeable people would find too light. That's not to derogate The Farm. My earliest instruction in midwifery came from them and I think they are fantastic people. But much of what they publish is meant for the newest beginner, and it sounds as though this book fits that description.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com