livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Forgot flavor?/ DO ORGANIC FRUITS and VEGETABLES TASTE BETTER THAN CONVENTIONAL PRODUCE?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Forgot flavor?/ DO ORGANIC FRUITS and VEGETABLES TASTE BETTER THAN CONVENTIONAL PRODUCE?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:20:35 -0600

Forgot flavor? Fine with me. It appears that's the number one reason people
get out in this heat to shop our farmers market, at least where we are.
They can actually taste the carrots and tomatoes. We had our best day
yesterday, with our Italian heirloom tomatoes ripening -finally. Someone
remarked they're too soft - and I countered that we're not growing
baseballs here.

To anyone who hasn't had the chance lately to taste locally grown organic
produce, please locate some and do your own taste test. I stress local
because the storebought stuff they call organic had to be shipped from
somewhere else, and by the time ... you know the drill.

Bon Appetit!