livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Wild Medicinal Plants Declining

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Kimberly Andrews" <klandrews@msn.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Wild Medicinal Plants Declining
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:48:44 -0500

The Herb Day Coalition has posted on the web a two lists of wild medicinal plants which they think are currently most sensitive to the impact of human activities.  You will find both lists at: http://herbday.org/Portals/0/pdf/HD_UpS_AtRiskList.pdf

Their intent is to assure the increasing abundance of these medicinal plants, which are currently in decline due to expanding popularity and shrinking habitat and range.  We can help by increasing our own diversity to include those plants that grow well in our respective areas, whether as an herbal garden accent or as a cash crop.

Kim