livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] DO ORGANIC FRUITS and VEGETABLES TASTE BETTER THAN CONVENTIONAL PRODUCE?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Kimberly Andrews" <klandrews@msn.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] DO ORGANIC FRUITS and VEGETABLES TASTE BETTER THAN CONVENTIONAL PRODUCE?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:19:10 -0500

When I was new resident in Finland from the US,  I was very surprised when I ate my first strawberry in Helsinki.  WOW!!!  The flavor was fantastically intense even though they were such small berries.   The same was true of their raspberries and some other foods.

What a rip-off it is in the US to have big strawberries with so little flavor.  Perhpas most consumers have forgotten the taste of a real strawberry.  I wish a big boycott of these large berries could be organized to give the message to big industry farmers that we do want their tasteless, reduced nutrition, modified.

My refusal to buy them has not hurt their profits.  I live where all fruits cannot be grown.  If I could grow them, I would.

Kim

DO ORGANIC FRUITS and VEGETABLES TASTE BETTER THAN CONVENTIONAL PRODUCE?
http://www.organic-center.org/reportfiles/taste_2pagerx4.pdf