livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] How this list has helped me

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Aliza" <realfood@wonderfulfarm.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] How this list has helped me
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:04:28 -0700

Speaking of coops and working together - There is a local group here that has gotten together and purchased poultry processing equiptment. This is very nice high end equiptment that will make the processing much much easier and better for all the processors. Each person - there are ten total in the group - puts in $300 and gets access to $3000 worth of processing equiptment. The equiptment is on a trailer with stainless processing table, plucker, scalder etc. You sign out the trailer and then bring it back clean for the next one to use. Everyone is learning together how best to use the equiptment.

This works in our state because we can process up to 20,000 birds without USDA inspection. You sell the live birds and then process them as a gift to the purchaser.

Anything we can do to work together to provide excellent food to our communities is a bonus.

Aliza

----- Original Message ----- From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>