livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] How this list has helped me

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] How this list has helped me
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:42:21 -0600

Wonderful. A "meet and greet" that will include a seed and plant exchange
is just the kind of local community building that we need everywhere. That
can be the takeoff point for co-ops and other ways of working together or
sharing knowledge and techniques.

We caught a yearly seed exchange a while back that drew maybe 200 people.
The variety and good organization was amazing. Downside was, they hold it
about two hours drive north of us in the Dixon neighborhood on the northern
Rio Grande. There every house seems to have an apple orchard, and everybody
knows everybody else. And since yuppifying it's too expensive to buy into.