livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Wisconsin being so far left

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Bobby G <bobbyg53211@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Wisconsin being so far left
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 10:46:31 -0700 (PDT)

> 1. Re: Wisconsin so far left (Dan Conine)
>

> From: Dan Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
> Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Wisconsin so far left
> To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
>
> So far left, they are Right? At times, but almost
> everyone is suspicious
> of the FARM 21 bill.

Hey, as another Wisconsite i can say i'm fairly
suspicious of this bill (and anything coming out of
Ron Kind's office, really).

everyone already knows how farm subsidies distort and
wreck the "free market". and for this list's
population, my bet is that very few of us get any sort
of subsidies or similar benefits from the giant farm
bills.

anyone on list getting much in the way of subsidies?
these seem to end up in the bank accounts of the
larger farming corporations, including "Family Farm
Corporation, LLC" type organizations. these are the
corporations that fund the lobbying groups that make
sure the subsidies stay in the farm bills.

by the way as an aside, southern Mexico small farmers
claim that NAFTA pretty much altered their way of
life, opening up their markets to cheap, subsidized,
genetically altered corn from the USA, displacing
their native-grown maiz.

bobby g
[member of Wisconsin Green Party, off the leftright
spectrum]

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel
and lay it on us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7

  • Re: [Livingontheland] Wisconsin being so far left, Bobby G, 06/24/2007