livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 97, Issue 2

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Wayne" <wa2yne@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 97, Issue 2
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:58:02 -0500

Up in Oklahoma, I had some lots where one to two feet down you ran into a sandstone bed. While one could dig a cellar in it, would still be a lot of work, and most liklely would not be cool enough in the summer for a root cellar.
Here I am not sure how deep it is to bedrock, but would also be too warm in summer.
There are a few cellars here, but most houses were not built with one. Some were only on blocks, no real foundation.
Over in El Paso, in the 50's, they simply built on slabs, much like many places in California.

Wayne WA2YNE
Imperial, Tejas
www.desert-rat.com

----- Original Message ----- From: E. E. Mitchamore Jr