livingontheland - [Livingontheland] interesting page at NewFarm.org

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] interesting page at NewFarm.org
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 21:20:08 -0600

There's an interesting page at NewFarm.org with a lot I won't comment on,
but this excerpt caught my attention. I bring it up because I have
terribly serious problems with what it implies - and apparently NewFarm,
the Rodale's legacy now, still hasn't caught on to the Big Issue - the most
critical thing - in agriculture today. Others have, why are they so far
behind?

paul tradingpost@lobo.net
----------------

Eternal principles – and the convictions that arise in farmers tied to
them – take a long-term view of caring for land, water, people and other
species. These values are often in conflict with demands for short-term
profit and efficiency, setting up a tension which gives these values-based
outlooks both a winsome vitality and a continuing challenge.

NewFarm.org’s “Farming & Faith” section will feature farmers and
groups that consciously work out of spiritual values to practice
regenerative farming. Common to their vision of agriculture is a depth of
caring for the land and for their responsibility to farm for more than
economic profit.

http://www.newfarm.org/depts/farming-faith/may04/sufi.shtml