livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] not about food miles

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Laurie Ann Powell <laurie@powellclan.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] not about food miles
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:26:39 -0500

Thanks, Dan, both for your response to me and for that GREAT letter to the editor.

One of my mantras recently has been "Decisions based on fear are usually not good decisions." It is amazing how many areas of life this applies to: fear of germs keeps us from drinking healthy raw milk, and makes us accept poisons being injected into our bodies. Fear of dirt makes us choose hermetically sealed packaging over loose, organic fruit. Fear of poverty makes us waste money on social programs instead of investing in our future.  Fear of failure makes us delude ourselves into thinking the government will take care of us instead of taking responsibility for our own lives.

Thanks for being one who is fighting for true freedom.

Laurie Ann