livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] DIY drip

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] DIY drip
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 06:42:47 -0700 (PDT)

Jeanne,

You do not need the bucket kit since you have pressure water.  Buy some drip line or make a dripline and connect it to your water hose.  Water must be perfectly clean if you use factory made dripline or it stops up the outlets.  May need to use a filter. Pressure should not be more than 10 PSI for drip.  I do not use a pressure regulator; just adjust the flow. All irrigation should be done with drip.  Remember it is slow so you have to leave it a while to get sufficient water to the plants.
Ken

Jeanne Driese <jeanne13@earthlink.net> wrote:
Ken,
Is there a place to purchase the equipment needed for a bucket kit on the site, or do I need to order parts from a supplier?  Being in my early 70's this system would work so much better than standing with a hose.
We are in a drought this season and I need help!
Jeanne in NE TN Zone 6