livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Tree & Berry Nurseries

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Tree & Berry Nurseries
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 20:14:44 -0600

We came across this unique listing, Selected Tree & Berry Nurseries, from
UC Cooperative Extension, Sonoma County. It's quite extensive, including a
number who don't have website links.
http://ucce.ucdavis.edu/files/filelibrary/2161/30065.pdf

Berries and fruit and nut trees are perennials. This alone makes them prime
candidates for home and market sustainability. And since perennial means
not having to replant every year, this is one route to cutting labor and
raising profit for market. Drawback: initial investment. But almost every
home can have a couple food-bearing trees or berries. We put out some
nectarines and other trees last week, bought from a local nursery run by a
very accommodating Laotian.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

  • [Livingontheland] Tree & Berry Nurseries, TradingPostPaul, 05/24/2007