livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Smaller Tomatoes? Corn Pickin'

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Living on the Land" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Smaller Tomatoes? Corn Pickin'
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:56:27 -0500

Not bragging - it's a problem.  The same Tomato varieties I've grown in the past are out of control: 7' tall and 4' across.  They never got that big before, so I'm surprised.  I need smaller Tomatoes for my compact garden.  I know about Patio.  What other (good) varieties for Central Texas stay under 5' tall and 3' wide?

In lieu of an answer, I'd appreciate suggestions of how/where to find answer.

Also, I've never grown corn before, so I don't know how to tell when it's ready to pick.  I know, it's funny, but goes to show you the value of hands-on gardening vs. reading about it.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz