livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "oil" beneath Colorado?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "David Inglis" <mhcsa@verizon.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "oil" beneath Colorado?
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 23:38:09 -0400

Gloria,

If that is what they are actually doing, taking all the gas before the oil, then there may be an abundance of oil down there but they wont get much of it because it is the ‘gas cap pressure’ that pushes the oil out of the well. They are greedy fools. This is why the US has some of the lowest yielding wells on the planet [% of total reserves extracted ]. The Iraqis are the ones who really know how to do this right. It is a joke that we are pretending to teach them how to extract their oil. I predict the oil companies will develop schemes, that they will be paid for, to inject CO2 back into the wells; that way they will get us coming, and going.

The bottom line is, for Agriculture as well as much else, that even if we could economically extract the remaining reserves or somehow  huge new fields was found the Planet can not absorb much more anyway. We have to kick the habit and soon. I can visualize and am working on a drastically reduced fossil fuel version of my farm that still produces large surpluses for others. The problem I see is that the majority of the fuel consumed by the [ or my ]  food system is done so by the consumers not by me [the producer]. Changes in that will require a drastic upheaval. Ironically I think smaller farmers in areas between small communities of some  5-10,000 will be in the best position; this does not describe the majority of nations landscape. Ah well the human race has survived far worse upheavals in the past, just not the recent past.

David

Then why are they drilling all over the Barnett Shale in Texas where I live?  You can't go a block in some areas without finding a new gas well.......and I know that isn't oil....but they say after they take the gas they are going after the abundance of oil they found there, too.

Gloria