livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] easy digging

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] easy digging
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:58:04 -0700 (PDT)

Dan,

I have been there and done that.  Digging and plowing is so much a part of our gardening and farming mentality that it takes a lot to get it out.  Read Ruth Stout's little two books.  I noticed yesterday online $38.00 for one.

Ken

Dan Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com> wrote:
Who uses a shovel where a hoe will do? Most of the time, you only need to hoe like that when you let the weeds get too big, or you are killing grass that is better killed by cardboard. (I'm starting to come around, Ken..;-)
then mulch.

Dan

Looking for earth-friendly autos?