livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Is organic food the real deal?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Is organic food the real deal?
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:20:38 -0700 (PDT)

This is well known among people who track these things
and almost unknown elsewhere, I suspect. I have a
link to a survey of the Dairies for organic standards.
http://cornucopia.org/dairysurvey/index.html

Dean is one of the worst and has made the news a few
times. Many of the organic producers willingly
shoulder extra testing and cost to show and keep their
organic standards high. Some, though, are relieving
themselves of the burden of organic testing and simply
marketing direct. I buy from a dairy of this order, I
can see their operation from end to end and can be
assured of their standards...inasmuch as I understand
them (from my family I actually do but) my point being
that without understanding those standards or knowing
these people enough to rely on their knowledge and
trustworthiness what may actually be taking over the
industry is shabby despair and shoddy tactics. Being
ignored into disrepute/death by the government is
actually an old tactic of the US government and it
works very well to get rid of thing the bureaucracy or
the politicians find inconvenient.

Yours Pego

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265