livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Offset your Carbon Footprint - Stream Team

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Offset your Carbon Footprint - Stream Team
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 08:58:04 -0600

This is for all those who talk a good game but never get their hands dirty.
It's an exchange on the water planning list here in central NM. Lynn is a
friend of ours, a doer, not just a talker. (Acequias are traditional
irrigation ditches dating from the 1600's and earlier, beginning with some
of the native pueblos and adapted by Spanish settlers.)

Dear Water Planners,
As our acequia parciantes worked hard cleaning and fixing up our ditch,

Reid and his gang were planting trees in Las Huertas Creek below. No talk
and lots of action. We are going to restore our world with our backs and
wallets, not talking endlessly and thinking we are actually doing
something.
Regards, Lynn