livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] nutrient value of fresh food

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "linda" <lindai81@comcast.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] nutrient value of fresh food
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:29:50 -0800

Precisely why I do not buy anything in cans. I might buy something frozen
once in a while, but rarely. All of my vegetables are always fresh and in
the summer out of the garden. I do freeze things from my garden though, but
the same day as it is picked. I dry tomatoes too, but same day as picked. I
do know that I have read studies showing the nutrient value begins declining
as soon as it is picked and declines even further as soon as it is
processed. They have done studies between the nutrient values of organic an
non-organic foods too, so I can't imagine that Cornell school of
agriculture is looking for studies and unable to find any....must be they
can't find any that suits their needs.
linda
linda's organic gardens: http://photos.yahoo.com/womyn47