livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Reinventing Agriculture for Environmental Enhancement

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Reinventing Agriculture for Environmental Enhancement
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:30:38 -0700

You're right on the "bio-oil". But I'm still wondering where the steam for
the process will come from. It seems unlikely the burning corn stalks will
make sufficient heat. I'm curious where the CO2 from the burning will end
up. I'd want to see their figures on fossil fuel use for the harvesting of
corn stalks and going back over the fields to inject the ammonia, as well
as the ROEI on the whole process since most of the ammonia is normally
wasted by soil injection. Just my reaction, but it sounds like another
crackpot government scheme to me. If it had any realistic economic
potential I suspect some venture money would invest in researching it.