livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Growing Micorizzal Fungi for Inoculant

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Growing Micorizzal Fungi for Inoculant
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 10:57:42 -0700

Well, it's about growing food isn't it? Of course I don't pose as an expert
but I have read that whatever micorrhizae plants need is usually in the
soil to begin with, and special inoculants are a waste of money. After all,
the earth is more or less covered with vegetation where soil and climate
permit, and Mother Nature doesn't have a problem with inoculants. I say
usually. There are certain plants and trees that do need their own brand of
inoculant because they're not native to the type of soil you have. My own
suspicion is, if you need inoculants then maybe those plants don't belong
anyway. YMMV.