livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Worms & Winter Compost Tea

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: onezero <onezero@ecomail.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Worms & Winter Compost Tea
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:06:55 -0700

All:

Looks like the solution is a large cold frame with a natural cold sink and
some of that two ply "window board" in frame with cellar type door. Complete
with insulated worm boxes. Water pipes and maybe some solar heated water
circulator for keeping the roots warm. The other solution is to relocate and
take an easier more relaxed approach.

Also the help on the "natural ideal" such as a high plateau where the cold
naturally migrates off with a south facing hill side for handling extended
season factors was very enlightening. The local marketing stuff was over the
top
great. It is great for this small mountain community. It give a great view.

Found some great worm boxes, through the worm website, great for the kids to
learn about biology, compost, recycling, green house gases and good quality
soil!

It all gives a little hope for the future external madness that some kids
will
have to put up with.

Great list! super knowledge and great practical answers.

most amazing, jadwhig.