livingontheland - [Livingontheland] passive solar greenhouses

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dianne Palmer-Quay <R_DQuay@compuserve.com>
  • To: "INTERNET:livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] passive solar greenhouses
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:38:46 -0500

Two professors at Appalachian State University, Terry Carroll and Christof
den Biggelaar, have been researching passive solar greenhouse design for
the past 5 years and are now making presentations about their results. I
caught part of their presentation at a conference last fall. Christof is
currently out of the country but Terry Carroll will be presenting at the
Organic Growers School in NC next month. If you are interested in this
topic, you may be able to find his contact information through the
university website. I was impressed with what I saw of their research -
they offered suggestions on how to best modify existing greenhouses and
what to build if you were able to create from scratch.

Dianne in SC

  • [Livingontheland] passive solar greenhouses, Dianne Palmer-Quay, 02/20/2007