livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] raised beds made with railroad ties

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "BirdWalk" <birdwalk@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] raised beds made with railroad ties
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:45:45 -0600

What I can get is used rail road ties - how old? Old enough the rail road
no longer wants them and I doubt they change them out very often. Anyone
know anything on that front? I'd love to use them for the ease involved but
I may do a few poured concrete wall beds to see how hard they are to make.
The forming would be the worst of it as hubby got a mixer that fits on the
tractor for Christmas.

lucile